Am I the only blogger in the blogosphere who had no idea what a meme is?
(or even how to pronounce it?)
I actually had to Google it to find out. So for any of you out there who aren’t sure either:
A meme is a type of writing prompt, shared and passed around by bloggers all over.
meme (meem) : n. A unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another.
I received a meme prompt from Kate at Calamity Kate’s Kitchen – and it’s a little unusual, I guess, because you’re supposed to handwrite your answers and post a picture of it.
Thank goodness, I’d been practicing my handwriting in my former life as a teacher – so I was not in the least intimidated to write out my answers. Though I realized I have no grown-up paper at my house and had to scrounge a piece of my kiddo’s construction paper. This caused a minor problem, as writing in a straight line is apparently difficult for me right now.
(Oh, and my twelve month old grabbed it and wrinkled it, so please ignore the crease at the top.)
Just in case you can’t read it…
1. What’s your name/blogger name? Courtney/Misadventures in Cooking
2. What’s your blog URL? www.cookingmisadventures.wordpress.com
3. Write “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.”
4. Favorite quote? “May your world be full of color and your crayons never melt.” ~ Tymm and “Do what makes you happy…be with those that make you smile…laugh as much as you breathe…love as much as you live…” ~ Unknown
5. Your favorite song? Piano Man, Billy Joel
6. Your favorite band / singers? DMB, Lady Antebellum, Billy Joel, Alicia Keys
(Okay, this one was really hard! I don’t really have a bunch of favorite singers, I mostly love specific songs – usually relating to specific times in my life, and they’re all a very eclectic bunch. This was just all I could think of spur of the moment – now I can think of a ton more.)
7. Anything else you want to say? Nope (I think I say plenty most of the time.)
8. Tag 4 ladies to participate:
Sweet T from Perfectless
Nicole from BlissnTell
Katrina from In Katrina’s Kitchen
Claudia from Idiot’s Kitchen
Happy Weekend, all!