Life gets in the way.
Oh, boy, does it.
These last couple of weeks have pounded that into my head – several times. So, I’m trying not to feel guilty that I haven’t really cooked in a couple of weeks. Or that I’ve yet to pick up my new knife (though it’s still getting lots of love from Hubs).
Let’s just say that between sick kids, a car accident, new car shopping, and just everyday life – I just haven’t had the time – or to be perfectly honest – motivation to cook. Even my husband has slowed down a bit (and when I say slow down, he’s only made homemade deep dish pizza, fish tacos with mango salsa, etc.).
I’ve also realized that if we don’t make a weekly menu and grocery shop for all necessary items, I just won’t cook. I have no desire to haul both kids to the grocery store alone and buy what I need for my meal. Does that make me lazy? I’m not sure.
Anyways, I still have this amazing stew recipe that I want to try, but I’m not making any promises about when it might occur. We still have rental car returns and new car buying on the menu for this week, so our evenings are pretty busy (aka, we’ll end up eating out).
On another, much more positive note, I just received a Stylish Blogger Award from Kate at Calamity Kate’s Kitchen. I checked out her blog originally because I was thinking I’d be able to relate to someone who referred to herself as Calamity Kate. It turns out, she’s not a clutz in the kitchen at all. In fact, she’s an amazing cook with lots of great recipes I hope to one day be able to prepare. Check her out, too!
Along with this award, I’m supposed to share seven things about myself… so here goes.
1. I read fast. Really, really fast. I usually finish books in a day or two (and that’s with two boys, errands, and a house to take care of). And, if I start a book, I HAVE to finish it (even if I don’t like it).
2. A professional basketball player once proposed marriage to me (I think I was five at the time).
3. I pass out very easily (and have done so in the shower at least 10 times).
4. I kill houseplants no matter how hard I try to keep them alive. (I have NEVER had one live longer than several months).
5. I currently have 14 kidney stones that I “get” to pass.
6. I love the visual arts (painting, drawing, etc.) and try to do them. But I have no talent, except for copying other people’s art. I’d make a great forger.
7. I am a perfectionist. If I’m not good at something, I don’t want to do it at all. (I think this may apply to my cooking or lack thereof.)